Monday, December 17, 2007

Lifefull of Deja Vu

How many deja vus have you experienced?
Hmm... for me life is deja vu, most of the time.
Nakamora not too happy with that response, but he put up with it anyway. After all he is his friend, and he will tolerate that.
When I first set foot there, I recall it was as if I have been there. The black stone of Glasgow buildings, chimneys jutting out to the sky, strong wind, fish and chips with salt and vinegar, and hangovers by the roadsides. That was the first time I experienced this deja vu thing.
Pictures you saw or the brochures of the university that you read before going there could've influenced you. Nakamora tried to deny his friend the claim.
May be; but after finishing my study, I returned home. The plane descended above the oil palm plantation heading towards Subang International Airport. It was deja vu again. The warm and sweet greetings "to our visitors we wish you selamat datang; to Malaysians, welcome home" of the Malaysia Airline stewardess sounds familiar.
Nakamora barely heard what his friends said. He was drowned in his own thought. It was as if this meeting and that particular conversation has taken place before. May be that was deja vu for him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment